Happy Thanksgiving! It’s all about family
And with that in mind, we have a very special family edition of the Wild Business Growth podcast – my interview with my dad, and our Hippo Direct President & Founder, Greg Branstetter! Greg started Hippo Direct back in 1992 (the year I was born!) and has built our family business through success, pivots, and now a 2nd generation!
Listen to the heartwarming and inspiring episode to hear how Greg founded Hippo Direct, pros and cons of working with family, and the biggest lessons he’s taught me over the years. Hear the episode on iTunes and your other favorite audio platforms – and subscribe and leave a 5-star review if the episode made you smile!
Now for some more creative marketing highlights from the past week!
What happened in the creative marketing world last week?
- Remember the famous “Elf Yourself” game? Office Depot has brought it into 2018 with the first ever branded Facebook AR ads (Marketing Land)
- Speaking of AR content, it’s becoming more and more convenient to consume. Startup Mojo Vision is developing AR contact lenses (CNET)
- Going Black Friday shopping? Keep an eye out for new mobile checkout systems at Walmart and Target (TechCrunch)
- Snapchat is going all in on Bitmoji once again, this time with customizable merchandise and comic strips (TechCrunch)
- Random Fun of the Week: Thanksgiving Trivia! Good luck – you’ll need it. Don’t chicken (or turkey) out (Conversation Starters World)
What else happened in the Hippo Direct World last week?
- Listen to Episode 17 of the Wild Business Growth podcast featuring Joe Martin – Twitter’s Dad Joke King, Adobe Social Analytics
- Check out a relatable meme we mayyy have Hippo-ized in Hippo Tip #60
- Who wants to hear a story? Most people, as Hippo Tip #61 story told
- There’s so much clutter – zip through it!
- Miss last week’s Hippo Digest? Catch up on the creative marketing Bob Evans, Netflix, UnitedMasters, and more came up with
Have a smooth recovery from all the food and stay tuned for more tasty content coming next week! If you have any questions or comments on the Hippo Digest or the Wild Business Growth podcast, contact us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. Bring on the bongos!!
Thank you for Digesting (in more ways than one), Hungry Hippos!
Until next week,
Let your business Run Wild
Subscribe to the Hippo Digest email newsletter here