Welcome to the first ever “Issue #2” of the Hippo Digest!
Thank you so much for all your support and feedback on last week’s inaugural issue. It means the world to us and we hope to introduce you to some cool stuff every single week. And a significantly-more-than-lukewarm welcome to any new subscribers who joined this week! Buckle your seatbelts because we’re just getting started.
Now that that heartfelt stuff is out of the way and you’re crying just enough to turn some heads in public, let’s get to the main event!
What else happened in the Hippo Direct World last week?
- The latest batch of Digital Marketing Tips came in hot! We share new tips monthly to help you grow your business through social media
- Hippo Tip#35 basically emphasized Sweet Brown’s “Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That” mantra – in this case, “That” meaning “procrastinating until the last minute to write your blog post”
- We introduced the launch of this very newsletter in a blog post – it gives you a few hints on what’s to come in the future
- Hippo celebrated the 1st day of summer with the most impressive diving performance since Dangerfield’s “Triple Lindy“
- Our Hippo delivered a couple very original gifts to all the Daddy-O’s on social media in honor of Father’s Day
What happened in the creative marketing world last week?
- Walmart stores are so big, you could literally have drones flying inside. Which is perfect, because that’s what’s going to happen(Forbes)
- Schwinn made its case for ad of the year, if you’re a Stranger Things fan (Ad Age)
- Facebook wants us to trust Facebook so bad, they’re spending $1 million per day on that TV commercial that’s everywhere (MediaPost)
- In a no-brainer move, Amazon is developing an Alexa for hotels. “Alexa, can we have like 12 extra mini shampoos?” (ZDNet)
- Random Fun of the Week: Would you try a burger made by a robot? Now you can scratch that itch (TechCrunch)
If you have any thoughts on this issue of the Hippo Digest, reply to this email and let us know! And if you want to get more real-time marketing tips and hippo fun, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Thank you for Digesting, Hippo Pod-amus!
Until next week,
Let your business Run Wild
Subscribe to the Hippo Digest email newsletter here