What do Happy Meals, Leo Burnett, and Coach Bob Knight have in common?
They were all significantly influenced by this week’s Wild Business Growth podcast guest, Ann Bastianelli! Ann is a Marketing Professor at the Kelley School of Business and has worked in advertising for over 30 years!
Listen to the classic episode to hear how Ann went from Fine Arts major to Advertising Executive, her favorite stories from the famous campaigns she worked on, and how she got her start advising legendary basketball coach Bob Knight. Check it out on iTunes and your other favorite audio platforms– and subscribe and leave a 5-star review if you’ve come across any of the campaigns Ann has touched!
Now for some more creative marketing highlights from the past week!
What happened in the creative marketing world last week?
- Dunkin’ and Oreo had way too much fun introducing some new products on Twitter (Ad Age)
- Seagram’s 7 is embracing nostalgia while launching its first national branding campaign in more than a decade (MediaPost)
- Why wait until you get home to review on Yelp? TGI Fridays introduced in-store review devices (Digiday)
- Banksy nearly self-destructed the internet with his self-destructing painting (Vice)
- Hilton and Marriott are dominating influencer marketing in the hotel intustry (CMO)
- Walgreens is bringing Birchbox in store with a minority stake (TechCrunch)
- Checkout Drybar’s wild growth story – that doesn’t start with a business background (Fortune)
- Who knew hip hop producers were some of the best branding masters out there (ONE37pm)
- Random Fun of the Week: Watch out! There’s a monkey driving that bus (BBC)
What else happened in the Hippo Direct World last week?
- Listen to Episode 11 of the Wild Business Growth podcast featuring Lucie Fink – Super Fun Video Producer and Lifestyle Host at Refinery29
Stay tuned for more enlightening content coming next week! If you have any questions or comments on the Hippo Digest or the Wild Business Growth podcast, contact us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. Bring on the bongos!!
Thank you for Digesting, Heroic Hippos!
Until next week,
Let your business Run Wild
Did someone forward you the Hippo Digest? Subscribe here