Imagine building a multimillion-dollar business from podcasting. And imagine interviewing a different entrepreneur every single day for 6 years! This week’s podcast guest has done both – it’s podcasting legend John Lee Dumas! Episode #19 of the Wild Business Growth podcast came in HOT thanks to “JLD” and is a special rapid-fire edition with the Host of Entrepreneurs on Fire – 15 Questions in 15 Minutes! Presented by Hippo Direct. Listen on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and your other favorite audio platforms – subscribe and leave a 5-star review if the episode fired you up! Stay tuned after the interview for a special announcement on our new podcast service!
What is the Wild Business Growth Podcast?
Hear how entrepreneurs & innovators unleash creativity to grow bigger and better businesses. Hear from an exciting new guest every single week who’s turning wild ideas into wild growth. Guests include startup founders, product inventors, social media influencers, and much more. Hosted by our digital marketing dude Max Branstetter – that’s me!
Episode #19: John Lee Dumas – Podcasting Legend, Host of Entrepreneurs on Fire
John Lee Dumas (JLD), the Podcasting Legend and Host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, joins the show for a rapid-fire 15 Questions in 15 Minutes! JLD is an absolute icon in the podcasting world and a massive inspiration for this podcast. He is the best to ever build a business and brand around a podcast, and has unmatched discipline – he’s interviewed over 2,000 entrepreneurs! These entrepreneurs include any big name you can think of, including Tony Robbins, Seth Godin, GaryVee, Barbara Corcoran, Tim Ferriss, and more. JLD served in the U.S. Army for 8 years before working a few different jobs in a few different cities. He discovered podcasting during his long commutes but couldn’t find a podcast that was released frequently enough to satisfy his listening needs. That’s when his idea was born – a daily entrepreneur podcast! I read about JLD’s story in GaryVee’s Crushing It! and dreamed of having him on our podcast. Flash forward and here we are! This episode covers everything from how JLD built his business off podcasting to how to find a mentor. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- JLD’s advice for any podcaster
- What will the future of podcasting look like
- Why you should stay transparent with your business
- How to stay committed doing something every single day
- The benefits of virtual assistants
- How to get in touch with any big name
- Why your morning routine can inspire creativity
- How to travel the world while earning income
Enjoy the show and keep that fire in your belly! Check out the show notes below for much more detail, and a special announcement on our new podcast service at the bottom!
- [0:40] Connect with Hippo Direct at HippoDirect.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube
- [0:43] Connect with me on Instagram and Twitter at @MaxBranstetter
- [1:02] John Lee Dumas website, Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter
- [1:10] John Lee Dumas background
- [1:13] Entrepreneurs on Fire podcast and iTunes (Apple Podcasts)
- [1:24] U.S. Army
- Rapid-Fire: 15 Questions in 15 Minutes
- [2:38] Question #1: How can podcasting be an effective business-building tool?
- [3:17] Question #2: What is your advice for any podcaster?
- [3:57] Question #3: What will the future of podcasting look like?
- [4:18] Keto
- [4:58] Question #4: Why do you stay so transparent with your business?
- [6:58] Question #5: How to stay committed doing something every single day?
- [8:07] Value bombs
- [8:33] Question #6: How do you get in contact with big names?
- [10:01] Question #7: Why did you decide to hire mentors?
- [11:51] Question #8: How has your life changed since being featured in GaryVee’s Crushing It?
- [13:48] Question #9: How many different revenue streams do you have?
- [14:26] Question #10: What are the benefits of virtual assistants?
- [14:30] Entrepreneurs on Fire team
- [15:02] Question #11:. What do you do to stay creative?
- [15:46] Question #12: Who’s your biggest business inspiration?
- [16:20] Question #13: What’s your advice for anyone seeking to travel the world and maintain income?
- [17:01] Question #14: What is your biggest failure?
- [17:14] Impostor Syndrome
- [17:34] Question #15: What is your biggest pet peeve?
- [18:32] EOFire.com
- [18:49] Fire Nation
- [18:50] Subscribe to the Wild Business Growth podcast and leave a 5-star review on iTunes (Apple Podcasts) and more!
- [18:55] Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help starting and building your own podcast
- [19:52] Connect with Hippo Direct at HippoDirect.com for all your mailing list, email list, and digital marketing needs
- Theme music: Freestyle Percussion Magik – Jungle Tribe – provided by Jamendo
How do I start a podcast?
- Podcast Planning
- Podcast Production
- Podcast Promotion
We’ll start out with a free 30-minute consultation and provide some helpful resources that have been instrumental in getting the Wild Business Growth Podcast up and rolling and connecting with high-quality guests. We are committed to making your podcast the best it can be. Let your podcast Run Wild!
Aaaaand that’s all for now, folks! Stay ready for a new awesome guest stopping by every single week! Let us know any guests you’d like to see on the show and follow along for your favorite marketing tips and business tips (and more on that podcast service!) on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube. Sign up for the Hippo Digest email newsletter for your weekly recap of creative marketing. Let your business Run Wild…and Bring on the Bongos!!