Can you believe we’re already mostly through July?!
This summer is flying by faster than an auctioneer giving an elevator speech. The heat and humidity has been so real I think we’re close as humans to getting rid of clothes altogether. I’m sure that’s the image you’ve been looking for. What have you been doing to stay cool this summer? Reply to this email and let us know!
***New Content Alert*** — Stay tuned NEXT WEEK for the launch of the podcast you never knew you needed : )
Now for the mouth-watering creative marketing highlights from the past 7 days or so!
What happened in the creative marketing world last week?
- Kit Kat took a viral tweet next level by turning it into a marriage proposal (The Drum)
- Ore-Ida came up with a hilarious way to make kids eat veggies (YouTube, Adweek)
- Dietz & Watson released hot dog recipes for every MLB city just in time for the All-Star Game (Dietz & Watson, The Drum)
- Do you eat mac & cheese with a fork or a spoon? Kraft finally settled the debate (PRWeek)
- KFC naturally embraced Facebook Live with cats and robots (Marketing Dive)
- Random Fun of the Week: Where did the term “meme” even come from? (Quartz)
What else happened in the Hippo Direct World last week?
- Our President & Founder detailed how to reach dentists at each career stage through ADA Dentists mailing lists
- Feeling HIPPnotized?? Looks like we got you with Hippo Tip #41!
- We pushed the boundaries on how many baseball idioms you can fit into one Home Run Derby post
- Everyone screamed for National Ice Cream Day! I’m sure the ice cream hat trend will sweep the nation
If you have any thoughts on this issue of the Hippo Digest, reply to this email and let us know! And if you want to get more real-time marketing tips and hippo fun, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Thank you for Digesting, Hippo Homies!
Until next week,
Let your business Run Wild
Subscribe to the Hippo Digest email newsletter here