Welcome back to the grind!
Unless you came back to the grind last Thursday. In that case, we still welcome you back from the weekend, just not in bold font, since we already did that. Anyway, we hope you all had a fantastic 4th and got your fix of fireworks and frankfurters! I managed to sneak some apple pie onto the roof to watch the fireworks and have yet to be kicked out on account of crumbs, so we’ll put it in the Win column. Now for the creative marketing highlights from the holiday week!
What happened in the creative marketing world last week?
- White Castle produced its most hilarious marketing event since Harold & Kumar with a QVC-parody Facebook Live stream (Ad Age)
- Amazon can’t resist the offline these days, this time announcing a holiday toy catalog right after Toys “R” Us shut its doors (Bloomberg)
- You’ve heard Instagram influencers are powerful, but just how powerful? Videos and pictures from Malibu Rum’s Malibu Games amassed 2.4 BILLION views in 1 month alone (CNBC)
- Snapchat is partnering with Disney, Universal, and Six Flags to create augmented reality experiences in their theme parks (The Hollywood Reporter)
- You can now share your LinkedIn profile via QR code, proving again QR codes will somehow never die (Engadget)
- Fiona, everyone’s 2nd-favorite hippo (kidding! We love her too), is turning into quite the Professor! (AP)
- Random Fun of the Week: Can’t deal with this summer heat? Read up on the coldest place on Earth. Brrr!! (National Geographic)
What else happened in the Hippo Direct World last week?
- We released the Digital Marketing Tips from June! This edition includes Twitter hashtag games, Instagram discoverability hacks, and more
- Oh snap! Hippo Tip #38 shared the power of Instagram’s Weekly Hashtag Project (#WHP)
- Hippo went full Uncle Sam for the 4th of July. The fireworks show must go on!
If you have any thoughts on this issue of the Hippo Digest, reply to this email and let us know! And if you want to get more real-time marketing tips and hippo fun, connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Thank you for Digesting, Hippo Bunch!
Until next week,
Let your business Run Wild
Subscribe to the Hippo Digest email newsletter here